Wound Care Following Skin Biopsy
1. Keep the bandage on and dry until tomorrow morning.
2. Remove bandage in the morning and wash the site daily with soap and water. You may shower in the morning.
3. Apply petroleum jelly (Vaseline or Aquaphor) to the area and cover with a fresh band aid or non-stick dressing and paper tape.
4. Continue above wound care daily until healed or until your suture removal appointment if stitches were placed.
- If there are any signs of infections such as marked redness, swelling, pain and/or pus, please call the office.
- You will receive notification of your biopsy results, usually in 2 weeks.
(Please give our office a call if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks)
- If you have stitches in place, your follow up appointment for suture removal will be in 7-14 days.